Updated as of January 13, 2009
- Non-Account Activity. You can browse content on Thintopia without having a Thintopia Account. You can also contact us without having a Thintopia Account.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain other activities on Thintopia—like posting comments, uploading photos, or viewing restricted pages—require you to have a Thintopia Account. We ask for some personal information when you create a Thintopia Account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use Thintopia, the groups, and competitions you join, the contacts you communicate with, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in Thintopia (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Thintopia Sites, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Thintopia Sites, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you add content or send messages through the Thintopia Sites and other Users can contact you through messages and comments. Anything that you submit to the Thintopia Sites may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Thintopia Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Thintopia Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other Users of the site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of videos you have watched.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you engage in certain activity on the site, such as send messages through the Thintopia Sites. Other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also choose to add personal information that will visible to other Users on your profile page (which is the public facing page for your account on the site). This may include a profile picture, your name, gender, relationship status, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your profile page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other Users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed friends or other Users. Such shared activity may include what videos you favorite, what videos you rated and what videos you have uploaded.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Thintopia Sites, in which case you can still explore the Thintopia Sites, but Thintopia may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account page.
- You may control the information that is available to other Users and your confirmed friends at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your channel page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Thintopia does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Thintopia to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain channels of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Thintopia Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
For questions concerning the product or your account, please contact us.